Bzzt! 124 and 126 have 86ºC thermostats. I think even my 123s had 86º thermostats. Pre 1980 240Ds may have had 82º thermostats, but the ones with pencil glow plugs had 86º from the factory.

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
July 25, 2016 at 7:50 PM
180F is 82C which I'd consider right on. What were you thinking? All my MBs when they were working right would sit the temp just over the 80c mark.
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 5:44 PM, Larry Turnercatalina$27 via Mercedes<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

Hi Gang,

    My 91 300D is running pretty well with 265K Plus miles - except for
a small problem.  During June and July 2014 I replaced the Radiator,
Water Pump, Thermostat and the thing that controls the fan speed (the
name escapes me) and I am seeing coolant temps running consistently at
the mark above 180.  I used to see temps around 1/8" above the 180 mark.

  It never gets much higher than that and we have had 95+F recently.
My wife drives approx 32 min RT to/from work and she only hits 1 or 2
traffic lights along the way.  So the speeds are mostly around 45-60mph
the whole way.

    I didn't use a MB Radiator (the original had a broken upper
nozzle).  Is it likely that's the problem?  It's alum with upper and
lower plastic sections and seemed to match exactly.

    What else should I look at?

NE"><br>
</th>
</tbody>
            running pretty well with 265K Plus miles - except for a
            small problem.  During June and July 2014 I replaced the
            Radiator, Water Pump, Thermostat and the thing that controls
            the fan speed (the name escapes me) and I am seeing coolant
            temps running consistently at the mark above 180.  I used to
          higher than that and we have had 95+F recently.  My wife
          drives approx 32 min RT to/from work and she only hits 1 or 2
          traffic lights along the way.  So the speeds are mostly around
          45-60mph the whole way.</font></p>
          Radiator (the original had a broken upper nozzle).  Is it
          likely that's the problem?  It's alum with upper and lower
          plastic sections and seemed to match exactly. <br>
          look at?</font><br>

Larry Turnercatalina$27 via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
July 25, 2016 at 7:44 PM