Larry, Look at Postbox email software. It is $20 after you try it out and make it work. It is very much similar to Eudora for setup and management. It imported my email from Eudora, something most "experts" say can't be done directly. https://www.postbox-inc.com For me it works so much like Eudora, that I consider it to be the next version of Eudora. I have about a half dozen email accounts feeding into 4 email file systems, all inside Postbox. I love it. If you set up postbox, then you can get a "throwaway" email account (or 3) such as gmail and use one to subscribe to the Okiebenz list. FIlter all that Okiebenz into one mailbox and then you have an archive of MB solutions on your machine.
Larry T via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
July 28, 2016 at 11:12 AM
Hey Curly, I am happy to be back! I a still fighting my email program. I have used Mozilla Thunderbird for quite a while and it frustrates me more every day! So now I am using my XFinity email (which I hate) because it works. But it is not flexible at all. Anyway, thanks for the kind words. I replaced all the cooling system parts - the T Stat is new as is the radiator and pump. It almost never budges above the 100C mark - which is what I think the mark above 80C is - and it's not using any coolant, But it bugs me that it used to run at 80C all the time (or a hair above it) and it no longer does. Maybe the gauge is off a little? I'll have to check prices of IR T-Stats.

Thx agn
LarryT
91 300D
----- Original Message -----

From: "Curley McLain via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: curtlud...@yahoo.com, "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Curley McLain" <126die...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, July 25, 2016 9:43:11 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Fwd: Cooling System Question W124

Stuck or not opening all the way thermostat would be my guess.

But if Larry has a IR thermometer, he can take temps at all areas of the
radiator just after stopping fmor a highway run, with the engine
running. That will tell a lot.

You also use the IR thermometer to verify the sender/gauge is reading
correctly.

Good to hear from you again Larry! Don't be scarce!

Curley McLain <mailto:126die...@gmail.com>
July 25, 2016 at 8:43 PM
Stuck or not opening all the way thermostat would be my guess.

But if Larry has a IR thermometer, he can take temps at all areas of the radiator just after stopping fmor a highway run, with the engine running. That will tell a lot.

You also use the IR thermometer to verify the sender/gauge is reading correctly.

Good to hear from you again Larry!  Don't be scarce!

Curt Raymond via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
July 25, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Whoops, I see that now.
Bad thermostat? Block it open and you'd know...
Curt

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

On Mon, Jul 25, 2016 at 6:05 PM, David Bruckmann<bruckma...@transcontinental.ca> wrote: The way I read his post, the gauge is reading _at the mark above_ 180F vs the normal _slightly above_ the 180F mark.

David Bruckmann via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
July 25, 2016 at 8:05 PM
The way I read his post, the gauge is reading _at the mark above_ 180F vs the normal _slightly above_ the 180F mark.