I drive Mama's ML occasionally, which the E class of the SUV line. At 6'4" I find the longitudinal legroom OK, and don't even run the seat all the way back, but the width of the well between the door and the center console is annoying as my right knee hits the console sorta at the top of it where it is somewhat uncomfortable. I do not feel that way on the SD (which might or might not be representative of a current S class). You should go sit in one or drive one and see how you feel in it but if you are taller that might be an issue.

--FT

On 8/16/16 11:59 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes wrote:
I am going to see if it’s a possibility, but I'm not sure how much the
difference would be.  I have not driven a recent E class.  I wonder how roomy
they are?

Don Snook

-----Original Message-----
From: OK Don [mailto:okd...@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2016 10:03 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Subject: Re: [MBZ] OT leasing a car

None of the above - get a Mercedes. and pay the difference yourself if you have
to.

On Mon, Aug 15, 2016 at 10:07 AM, Donald Snook via Mercedes <
mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

I MAY have a new job opportunity that includes a new car lease.  I am
not sure about the details yet and therefore I am speculating about the terms.
So, this may be a bit of day dreaming.

Given what I am guessing is a monthly lease amount, I am wondering
which vehicle would be best.  I don't think a Mercedes would meet the $
criteria.
So, here are some possible options:

Ford Taurus
Chevy Impala
Nissan Altima
Dodge Charger
Hyundai Sonata (although the Genesis would be nice, but probably too
much
$)
Toyota Camry

Any opinions on these?  I know that's a broad question.  I like bigger
cars (I'm 6'3" and 250).  So, I think the Taurus and Impala would be
the roomiest.  I have heard a lot of good reviews about the "zero gravity"
seats in the Altima.  I might be driving as much as 600 miles a week.
This could make leasing a car very difficult because putting that many
miles on it could be prohibitively expensive.

Don Snook

OK Don

*“Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our
people need it sorely on these accounts.”* – Mark Twain

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learns by reading. The few who learn by
observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

2013 F150, 18 mpg
2012 Passat TDI DSG, 44 mpg
1957 C182A, 12 mpg - but at 150 mph!

--FT