I HATE front-drive vehicles.
        So do I.

Ditto, they're like McDonald's versus good cooking.  Thirteen (?) cars
laying around here, and not one FWD in the bunch.  (Nor 4-cyl gasser,
nor V6.)  Nothing but the best here!  :-)

FWD's vaunted snow handling ability was informally put to the test
a few years ago by Click & Clack, they compared an Acura to some
old land yacht on a nasty day.  The land yacht sailed circles
around the Acura, and they attributed it all to weight.  FWD lets
you make a lighter car but with more of its weight on the driven
wheels, approximating the traction a heavier car would have.
That's pretty much all it does for you.

Best snow traction I've ever had was in our 4WD pickup carrying
the camper.  Was amazing.  Weight, weight, weight.

-- Jim