      From: clay via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>
 Sent: Sunday, September 18, 2016 10:58 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] Clear Coat Question

Not sure about hot spaces, but in the wet PNW, if the dang paint failed in two
years, the car was off to the dealer under warrantee.  I had a few neighbors
who had the chrysler POS paint and ended up with new paint on the car.  The
newer coating lasted more than a few years.

Though a black or dark car is pretty spiffy, in a warm environment, the lighter
colors are more in vogue.  Or at least they were when I lived in warm
environments.  A blue was more pastel, reds were .. well, red.  Light green,
orange, white, silver, all colors that would not suck up calories, which might
scorch a kid should it touch it.  AT that time, not too many cars were AC
equipped, so interiors were light if not fabric.

clay