Rory,

Cars and extension cords are cheap as compared to wives!

Along the same notes I have found my life to be a whole lot less stressful
when I finally realized it was not my job in life to educate people. That is
I am not here to teach idiots on the road how to drive, nor am I here to
teach my wife about cars. Well unless she wants to learn.

What finally made the wife and cars happy was when I said "OK dear I am
tired of being beat up about the cars, I'll make a deal with you. You go
pick out any car you want and we will buy it. However you have to be
responsible for the car and repairs."  Since we were having our first kid
she and I went looking for cars. She test drove a mini-van, and a 560SEL.
She asked which was more reliable and safer, I told her that the 560SEL was
safer and that her current car was the more reliable as that everything that
could break had been replaced.

It took her about 2 months and she decided that the 560SEL was what she
wanted. I have not heard a peep about the cars since.

As far as the extension cord, fix the car as Don mentioned such that it will
start with out being plugged in. Then when she complains about how long it
takes to heat up hand her an extension cord and have her plug it in at
night. She will then remember to unplug it.

Trampas