[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> How was oil consumption prior to this event?

Ah, that's a question. On this car it's low if driven hard, when it's left
idling in the cold it goes through a LOT. However it's hard to quantify as
it's got two significant oil leaks, one out the pan gasket in front and the
other is where the breather tube exits out the left side of the pan (bad
seal that my wrench is procrastinating wanting to do). IIRC from my old
w126, this tube is a CA-emissions-only deal, runs from pan up to the bottom
of the air cleaner assembly.

> Try to find a rebuild-able set of newer ones if possible. I haven't
> seen all that many blow that seal out but it obviously happens. Could
> be that the 2 halves weren't torqued properly on assembly or maybe they
> vibrate loose.

Yeah, from the sounds of them at least two need to be cleaned/rebuilt pretty
bad actually.

THX

Mac