'Read an article several years ago that Camp Lejeune, NC, uses Osage orange bushes as fencing in some areas.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Curley McLain via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: "Curley McLain" <126die...@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:18 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Anybody burn wood for heat?

there are 2 reasons they were planted:
1. They make great living fences. One of the FEW fences that can actually keep bambi IN or OUT.
2.  They one of the best fence posts.

Secondary benefit: the "oranges" are supposed to keep insects out of a room that has oranges in it.

Donald Snook via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
September 28, 2016 at 3:02 PM
Yep, one of the many reasons I hate having these trees in my yard is because of the squirrels eating the seeds from the hedge balls. They make a huge mess shredding the outside to get at the edible part. The worst thing about the trees is the thorns. These trees shed a lot of small limbs and they are covered with large painful sharp thorns.

Don Snook