Yes that was my experience in my 78 & 79 240D,s.  fuse may have been over
wheel well. Obvious fuse case.

Dwight Giles Jr.
1982 300CD
1990 300D
Wickford RI

On Oct 2, 2016 4:13 PM, "Floyd Thursby via Mercedes" <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
wrote:

GP fuse -- if it is like my 300TD it is on the firewall in a little covered
holder, it is a 20A strip fuse about 2in long and screws onto the
contacts.  They cost like a dollar, buy a couple to keep in the car.

Glow plug relay could be bad too (I'm guessing this car has a relay) but
the fuse is the likely culprit.

--FT

On 10/2/16 4:08 PM, John Ingram via Mercedes wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
>
> When I turn the key on my ’83 240D the glow plug light goes on as usual
> but it does not go off after 10 seconds or so as it used to.  When I turn
> over the engine it doesn’t even try to start.  It seems that the glow plugs
> never turned on.  Is there a relay or fuse that is the normal cause for
> this?  If so, what is it and where is it?
>
> Thank You,
> John Ingram
> ’83 240D  311K

--FT