All excellent advice.

We’ve sheltered in place for several hurricanes, although none of them were
this powerful, but it can be done if you’re properly prepared.

One of my favorite items is a Red Cross hand crank radio that also charges cell
phones using a USB port.  It’s tedious as heck to use, but it does the job.

We always have two 20lb tanks of propane for our grille as well as a 40lb tank
that’s connected to the oven in our outdoor kitchen.  We use this oven to cook
with any time the AC is running so we don’t add any heat load to the house, and
it routinely goes 6-8 months on a single tank of propane.

I have a 6.5kW portable generator that can easily handle the critical stuff,
even more if I rotate things on and off of it, such as my deep freeze in the
garage.

I keep thinking about getting some plywood cut and ready for the windows, as we
only have a few that would be in danger, but I always seem to procrastinate on
this.  Maybe this year….

Dan