AS long as you are not expecting to race it or have it blast around like a
super car, the W140 does fine with an inline 6.  More power than the older
cars, but not that much.  Far more complex than the older cars.  A w124 is
pretty light compared to either the 126 or 140.  I am pretty please with the
OM603 in the SDL.  It is not a rocket like the R107, the S430 has a newer
transmission, and the added pistons have a bit of power.  I thought the OM606
NA was powerful enough for my needs.   My kid was able to chirp tires and get
that car to spin 180 from a dead stop into a phone pole within its own
wheelbase.

Depends on what your expectations are

clay