Dan wrote:

"The 3.2 liter in the W140 is fine. I would encourage you to test drive the car
and see for yourself.
I considered a 1997 S320 last year.  It was the first one I ever drove, and I
took it out on the interstate and thrashed it with all the accessories on and
it was fine.  Granted, it wouldn't chirp tires like my S500 would, but it did
not seem underpowered or anemic.
$10k is way too much for that car, even with the low mileage.  Maybe $6k,
primarily the premium for the low miles and if it has service records.
99 is the last and best model year of the W140."

Kaleb wrote:

"Walts car is too high. This car is too high. The 3.2 does just fine in the
140."

Thank you both!  I agree on the prices.  I am glad to hear the 3.2 is up to the
challenge.  I have a buyer interested in my 2001 7 series, but his offer is too
low.  He loves the car but is playing hardball.  I'm letting him stew on my
counter-offer.  If I could make it work, I might be in the market.  Really nice
examples of these cars are hard to find and diesels like Walt's are VERY hard
to find.  So, I am trying to keep my eyes out.

Don Snook