That's good info, everything I have read says it is killer on tools.

Waiting for Don to send some to try it!

--R

On 10/11/16 3:21 AM, fmiser via Mercedes wrote:
Floyd wrote:

Problem with all the chainsaw "advise" is that that osage orange
wood is hard as hell when green and when it dries it basically
cannot be cut with much of anything, even carbide blades.  That's
why it makes great wood planes and things like that, if you get
it when it is workable.
Not true, at least not from my experience.

It's hard.  It's dense.  But I cut it with my standard chain saw
chain.  I've cut it green and cut it dry (> two years sitting
out).  It's certainly harder to whittle than maple, red oak, white
oak, or hickory.

--FT