On this dryer, no lint passes through the door.  Primary suction point for
lint is at the bottom edge of the front panel.  There is a lint screen that
pulls up for cleaning, and the frame that holds that screen in place can be
easily removed to clean out most of the suction side ducting before it goes
into the squirrel cage fan mounted on the front of the motor.  I haven't
done that in a while, it looked pretty good when I had the panel off and so
I vacuumed out the end right before the fan.  I confess that I could have
taken the screen frame out and gotten a bit more; if my house burns down
later this fall we'll know who to blame....

Max
Charleston SC