This is like the puzzle with the fox, the chicken, and the bag of corn that you
need to carry across the river in a canoe that can only carry one item plus you
at a time.  The fox wants to eat the chicken who wants to eat the corn...

Clay drives the car to his son in the Dakotas, who drives him back west.  Mao
rides the dog to get the car in the Dakotas, drives it to Curly, rides the dog
back.  Curly adds the car to his caravan east for vacation, delivers the car to
Floyd, who drives it down to Tampa, rides the dog back to Charleston.
--
Max Dillon
Charleston SC