I once bought a $550 W116 (my first Mercedes ever) in Port Charlotte FL on eBay
and drove it home to Michigan. He told me it had bad shocks. I stopped twice
along the way for 'funny noise from the right rear' which I eventually figured
out was related to the absolute lack of damping from the right rear Sears shock
absorber.

Driving one of Dan's cars to the PNW would be a walk in the park compared to
that. Driving the car Dan's buying from coast to coast would require a bit of a
leap of faith. Dan mentioned trading the S420 for the SDL, right?

Mitch