To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 21, 2006 11:04 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Help - What did I do?

Larry -
Don't worry about having to cool down the turbo unless you just came off a
hot couple of laps at the track!  Under normal driving, the engine and
associated parts can tolerate immediate shutdown without special "handling".

Glad to hear that the pre-filter looked clean - sounds like the fuel tank
and fuel are all OK.

The antenna isn't adjustable. On the '90, the tip has a chrome "button" on
the end that keeps it from going down in the trunk tube.  You may have the
wrong extendable mast - I got one from Rusty a couple months back that had a small diameter black plastic tip, and he then sent me the correct one which works OK. The wrong one had a 140 part number, which gave me a clue that it
wasn't correct.  Could be the P.O. got the wrong part?

My recommendation is to just go out and drive it for a while - you can drive yourself crazy by changing out hoses and parts that are still OK. I suppose
I'm fortunate, but all the fuel hose pieces (except the injector return
hoses which I've replaced twice) on my car are the original ones, and have
lasted 221k miles - probably have jinxed it now!

Actually, I'm more concerned about the odds and ends heater/coolant hoses
that are still original on my car.  Some of those look like a bear to
change!  But as long as the beast starts and runs, I plan on letting it
alone.....

Werner