Message: 9
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2016 20:44:59 -0700
From: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>

Spent the day working on the brake issues.  PIA

Rotors were less than willing to let go. Neither side would come off no matter the blows with a rubber mallet or the 4# BFH. They would loosen, but hung up on the parking brake bottoms. Screw it! I will come back to that when I can figure out how to get the top of the darn hoses loose. Anybody have a good idea? I put heat to them, Kroil, freeze stuff, there was an excess of slippage and the 11mm nut wanted to round. I stopped before I really did damage.

I put the fresh built calipers on with the old hoses. I cracked the bleeder and filled the reservoir. Then, I pumped the stop pedal like a mad man for around 20 minutes. Nothing was coming out the far end. It was getting dark and there was not enough time to build a pressure bleeder. I did have a coke bottle that I tried to make a quick vac bleeder out of. It crushed. Instead of messing about more, I put everything away and went in for dinner.

While cooking, I saw an old Nalgene bottle on the counter and decided that would be a better pressure vessel. I poke holes sized for the tubing, slipped them in, used some RTV to seal it, and will allow that to set up, then try to draw out the brake fluid in the morning

clay