Thanks Craig!

-----Original Message-----
From: Craig via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Craig <diese...@pisquared.net>
Sent: Wed, Nov 2, 2016 10:52 pm
Subject: Re: [MBZ] 2004 Mercedes 2004 E320 4Matic Coolant Change (88K)

On Mon, 31 Oct 2016 19:56:16 -0400 Robert Koziak via Mercedes
<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> I want to flush the Mercedes Benz Coolant on my 2004 E320 (88K) and had
> a couple of questions:
>

> 1 - Every how often should the coolant be flushed?  I did some research
> and there were some suggestions that the fluid was lifetime (15
> years).  I have only had the car for three years and although the car
> is in great shape it was lacking maintenance records.

Changing all fluids when you first get a car is a reasonable thing to do,
though I have not done it in all cases. I have done citric acid flushes
most of the times I have changed coolant (10% citric acid in water).

> 2 - The coolant in the car is a blue color.  I bought 2 gallons of
> Genuine Mercedes Fluid that is yellow, but I see there is also a
> Genuine Mercedes Coolant that is blue.  What is best to use and can
> they be mixed?

Barring definitive information from Mercedes, I would NOT mix them. The
parts guys where you bought the fluid SHOULD know.

There are types of antifreeze which when mixed turn into goo; I do not,
however, recall what those types are.

Craig