From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes
Sent: Tuesday, November 8, 2016 10:32 AM
To: Mercedes List
Reply To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Dan Penoff
Subject: [MBZ] OM603 Injector & Glow Plug Replacement

Going to undertake this job starting on Friday.  I’ve got a set of rebuilt
injectors, new Bosch glow plugs, a meter of return hose and all the little
clips and pads for the injector lines ready to go.

I’m going to pull the intake manifold (yes I have new gaskets, too) to do this,
since it will make the job a lot easier.

One question comes up as I’ve never done this on an OM603:

Do you bleed the system by just cranking the engine?  Since there’s no primer
pump on this engine, I’m assuming that’s the only way it’s going to happen.
I’ve bled lines on plenty of diesels in my time, but I just wanted to be sure
there wasn’t some sort of cheat in this regard so I know to have the battery
charged up…

Dan