There wasn't a lot of goo in mine, surprisingly. I was expecting a lot more,
I'm not sure why, as my car doesn't use oil or smoke under load significantly.
I capped off the EGR a while ago, too.

There was a film, for sure, but it wasn't thick at all. Had it been I probably
would have invested the time and effort to clean it out.

It takes all of about a minute to pop the crossover pipe off. Do that to see
what's up.  I've got a spare gasket I can send you.

Dan

Sent from my iPad