Slow day today.  Seems that the cumulative affects of the week have caught up
with me.  I am drained.

Mild tinkering and clean up stuff so far:

Drained PS reservoir, installed new filter and topped off with MB fluid.  Old
fluid was a little dark, but not bad.  It was MB fluid, which is good.

Polished out the side windows to get the last of the water spots off.  Did the
windshield as well and then applied some Rain-X.

Driver’s outside rear view mirror housing seemed sloppy, like the spring wasn’t
holding it tight to the door frame, so I popped the glass out to have a look.
No wonder - the spring was unhooked from the housing for some reason.  Polished
the mirror glass and greased up the swivel and other parts of the mount and
reinstalled it.

Plugged the vacuum line to the EGR.  PO told me it had a BB in it but
considering other things he told me, I checked to be sure.  No BB.  Vacuum all
the way back to the changeover valves as I suspected, so I put a golf tee in
the line at the EGR for now.

Pulled the glove compartment liner to see if the foam hose was still intact,
despite the ACC working just fine as far as temperatures and fan speeds.
Amazing!  The original foam hose is still in place and in good condition.  I’ve
never seen one before, other than in powder form.  Nice.

Went through the contents of the owner’s manual pouch.  I was stunned.  Bought
at Lokey MB (Clearwater) in 1982, owner’s book stamped for all services up
until 1999 around 100k, shortly before the PO bought it.  I even found the
window sticker and predelivery checklist, as well as the meal plate they issued
with the cars back then to be able to stamp the service orders with the owner’s
information when the car came in for service.

$29,698.00 MSRP
N/C Becker Europa Radio & Cassette
$829.00 Sliding roof option
$115.00 distribution & delivery

$30.642.00 final price.

Window sticker:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vfm9x6ajn2zw3f0/1982%20300D%20Window%20Sticker001.pdf?dl=0

Predelivery Checklist:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v1g6boahdq9vbcw/1982%20300D%20Predelivery001.pdf?dl=0

Might do a little more, probably won’t.  My Allen Edmonds have been begging for
a shine, so I should probably address that.  Planning on driving the car to
work tomorrow.  Should be fun.

Dan