A good friend of mine just made the same call on the Subaru.  He was a Volvo
240 guy and bought two new in 1990.  Just now moved on to a legacy.   Like you
he dug the creature comforts but loved the ride of the old 240.  He gave me a
wagon with almost 500k and gave my brother a sedan with near 600k.

Sent from my iPhone