I once was on a  flight from MSP back to DCA and US Sen. Paul Wellstone was
making his way up the aisle chatting up all the passengers before taking
his seat in coach class.  A real salt of the earth, he died tragically when
his small plane iced up and went down during his campaign for re-election.
Fortunately, Al Franken succeeded him and he is cut from the same cloth.
Very good guys.