I run wired Ethernet everywhere important, off one of the 10/100/1000
switches we make.  The only wifi stuff at our house is laptops and phones,
the highly mobile items.  The 50" plasma is not mobile, it doesn't need
wifi.  Etc.  I'm using one of those powerline adapters in one place, it's
adequate but not as nice as cat5e.  Don't need to drill any holes in that
wall, though.  Maybe someday.

-- Jim