Jon, I know you are a very intelligent guy. Read this book. It is a classic and was out of print for decades, but within in lies universal truth, presented in a humorous way. Now it is back in print again. https://www.amazon.com/How-Lie-Statistics-Darrell-Huff/dp/0393310728 You can read the first few pages online for free.

It is under $10. Or you local welfare bookstore probably has a copy you can read for free. (pubic library)

I was fortunate enough to get a copy from one of my several Statistics profs when he retired. He tried to teach Ed statistics to wannabe school sups. The majority of them were dumber that a rock.

It is the ONLY book from college or grad school I continue to refer to! In fact, it was not even a required book, but Dr Neteusil in the Ed Stat class kept referring to it because ed statistics (and peer reviewed pubs) are rife with statistical errors, bias and misapplication.

Jon Agne via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
December 17, 2016 at 1:19 PM
https://www.climate-lab-book.ac.uk/2016/spiralling-global-temperatures/
<https://www.climate-lab-book.ac.uk/2016/spiralling-global-temperatures/>