Nicht gut?

Mein auch!

Greg

-----Original Message-----
From: Mercedes [mailto:mercedes-boun...@okiebenz.com] On Behalf Of Jon Agne
via Mercedes
Sent: Saturday, December 17, 2016 4:21 PM
To: Mercedes Discussion List
Cc: Jon Agne
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Books,Was Re: Global Warming In MD, Yo

I try to do at least 2/month.  Sometimes it’s 1, sometimes it’s 4.  I can’t
remember the last time I read 5 in a month.  I tried the electronic book
thing on my iPad and couldn’t stand it.  I also do all kinds of books.  I am
a huge fan of the classic literature from the 17th and 18th centuries.
Shakespeare is great, but only in small doses for me.  The Lonesome Dove
books were, IMHO, fantastic, as is most of the Stephen King’s books.  For
those of you who have not read it, 11-22-63 is a MUST if you like that sort
of thing.

Mostly it;s history, and it doesn’t matter where or when.  Shelby Foote’s
narrative history of the Civil War is, again IMHO, a masterpiece.  It should
be required reading in order to graduate from high school.  In fact, I was
rummaging in the barn attic looking for that trilogy this past week.  It’s
about time for me to re-read it for the 3rd time.

Best,

Jon

PS:  That does not count the countless books and articles I read pertaining
to our MB’s and my old wooden boat.  Last week I translated a 6 page article
about the Zenith 35/40 INAT from German to English.  Four years of HS and 2
in college and it’s still “night güt.”  Google translator is a wonderful
thing, and I found myself remembering many phrases and words as I did it.

<mercedes@okiebenz.com> wrote:

> Jon sez:
>
>> I will look it up.  I’m always up for a good read, and I am just about
finished with this year’s pile of books.