IMO, this looks like damage from chronic, ongoing water intrusion, not from
a brief period before windows and doors were installed.  Before you fix the
current damage you need to be sure water is not getting in now.  Proper
flashing and sealing around doors and windows is essential to prevent water
intrusion.  Unfortunately it's hard to check flashing with the siding
installed.