Dan,

Is that sealant for both the rubber gaskets and the windshields that don't use a gasket? The reason I ask is because from my conversations with the guy who came out to replace the windshield on my wife's truck there are two different sealants to be used. The one for windshields without a gasket is more of a glue while the one for the gaskets tends to stay softer and be more non hardening. In any case I think what he used to clean up was mineral spirits. It didn't have much of a smell to it at all.

Manfred