Absolutely.

My kids have all had the in-depth NRA sanctioned handgun training and range
time.  One of them enjoyed it, the other didn’t, but they both got it.  Even
though they won’t have the chance to “engage” here unless I’m involved, they
know how to properly handle a firearm and render it safe, which is most
important to me.

I’m working on the wife to take a “ladies” course that the local range does on
a regular basis.  Health reasons have sidelined that for now, but it’s still on
my mind for when she’s able.

I think the NRA is OK as an advocacy organization even separated from the
political aspect of it.  They advocate for safety and do a lot of really good
things in that regard, and for that I approve.  Education is really the key
when it comes to owning and using a firearm, no matter what kind it is.  I’m
not going to get involved in the politics of gun ownership, as this is not the
place for it.  Suffice to say that those that own guns should have every
opportunity to be trained to use them properly and safely and if there is an
organization that helps to do that, I’m good with it in that respect. It’s a
win-win for everyone, I think.

-D