      From: Dan Penoff via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: Dan Penoff <d...@penoff.com>
 Sent: Monday, January 30, 2017 7:35 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] W123 Headlight Doors

That’s the rub.

The $15 part is from MTC, a place much like URO.  From what I’ve heard about
the MTC monovalve insert, the tolerances are lousy and the rubber is crappy
(one of the places where they’re cutting corners as it’s easy to do.)  When
they do work they work poorly, and not for long.  As the OE ones are now $50,
you could buy one that would last for some time or buy three MTC ones for three
years of use.

URO figured out that the W123 OE headlight doors are NLA and that the Bosch
doors are quickly becoming unobtanium.  As a result, their price, which was
roughly $50/each, suddenly shot up last year to around $75/each without any
warning.

A clear effort at profit taking, I’m guessing.  Can’t say as I blame them if
the opportunity presented itself.

It’s one of the few URO parts I would remotely consider allowing to touch my
cars.  Nearly everything else they make is junk.

-D