yes, anything is possible. If one (or more) of those 3 lights is not fed by 2 romex cables, then you will have to trace stuff to the junctions

If those 3 are together, then it should be something like this:

(POWER)=========(light)==============(light)==============(light) where the ===== represents white and black lines.

(POWER)is most likely a Jct box.

Normally the power from the breaker would go into a Jct box where red and black wires (generally black and white with black tape on household wiring) from the switch meet up with the power line and the load line. (in this case, the load is the lights)

Someplace you are getting power from two different circuits int that string of lights

Best practice is to only have wires from one breaker in one box. Often however, especially in industrial wiring this is not the case. For instance 240 or 480v 3 phase (4 cables) in a box or in conduit with a 120Vac control circuit.
Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>

February 5, 2017 at 7:22 PM
I guess I'm going to have to dig into it. Could something be misswired at the junction boxes in the rafters?

Sent from my iPhone