Nope same old yards, not even upgrading the technology to sell…

It is a movement toward the cars of the past 15 years

I took a visit to the PnP today because there was a w220 that might have
goodness for me.  Turns out there were a bunch of benz made since Y2K
displacing the older stuff.   There was the SLK, a CLK convertible, a late
model w210, a w203, and the w220.   The common thread for all these cars were
rather minor fender benders.  For some reason the cars were not worth keeping
with what could have taken a few hours of shop time to make right.

Looking at the debris from the yard apes, these cars are put together by
accountants.  The plastic is early chinese quality.  The parts are also made in
the orient by slave labor.   These are OE parts.  The switches, electronics,
wiring, probably leather, and rubber.  I will grant these are the Daimler
Chrysler crap, but it looks like a trend was set.

I picked up the taillights and the audio parts that live in the trunk, as well
as the Command head unit.  These should resolve a few of the low ball products
that were used to build the S430.  The stealership pointed out that these were
trash in my car and were on the verge of failure and would want replacement.
Their bill to gather the parts was quoted as over $4k.  What I found was made
in china as OE parts but I got it all for $80.

clay