Those are different levels of technology. I'd guess the 302 was 20 years newer, from a time where they were trying somewhat to g et more efficiency.

the M103 , 420 and 560 are all contemporary, so no technical, or efficiency differences.

Craig via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 17, 2017 at 5:01 PM
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 16:51:11 -0500 Floyd Thursby via Mercedes

We had a couple of Willys Utility Wagons when we lived in Colorado.

The first had a "Hurricane Six" inline six cylinder. It had a modest
amount of power and got horrible fuel mileage (10 - 12 mpg).

The second had a Ford 302 V-8. It had a LOT more power and got noticably
better fuel mileage (16 - 18 mpg) to boot.

Craig