Which mac?

The old 630/6400/6500 had the MPEG/TV card upgrade that allowed one to watch cable or off the air. Record it in QT as well. No matter how you slice it, you will need the hardware, just for the receiver. ATI made an all in wonder card that may have allowed the PCI powermacs to access the TV tuner part. I have not attempted that though, since my iMac is slot less. Also the card on eBay is an arm and leg. Never was able to figure out how to stream from the 6500 to the iMac.