I believe that OSB crap is the most dimensionally unstable wood product ever invented or sawed. 7/16 sheeting becomes 5/8 thick after being in the normal air for a couple years and stabilizing. Is there a vapor barrier under the floor? I am guessing you have the cheaped out 3/4 OSB crap (23/32) and it has swollen to 1" Real 3/4" plywood is 10 times better, especially for floors. Of course if you live in parts of CA, AZ or NV, ymmv in the desert. I suspect over the next 20-50 years there will be a whole lot of that crap torn out and replaced. Not an easy proposition when the whole building is built on the deck covered with OSB.

They used sawdust glued together with urea-formaldahyde or worse, water soluble glue in trailer houses for years. a few drops of water and you get a hole in the floor. Bad deal.

And now they have priced 3/4 plywood out o sight.   Not good!

I think the 3/4 AWWF (.60) treated plywood might be cheaper than plain plywood if you are building a house and buying 20 or more sheets at a time. The folks that use plywood for basement walls need to be competitive. About 5 yrs ago it was very competitive with regular plywood and not much more than the OSB crap.

Kaleb C. Striplin via Mercedes <mailto:mercedes@okiebenz.com>
February 26, 2017 at 5:24 PM
Yesterday while at Lowes we bought 23/32 osb subflooring which appeared to be too thin compared to the subfloor in the house. When I measured our existing floor I get 1". There appears to be no such thing as 1". We took it back and got the 1 1/8 which I figure maybe I was reading it wrong by an 8th of an inch on the measuring tape. Got it home cut to fit and where as the trim base boards around the rest of the room have a gap big enough for the previous tile and will allow the pergo to slide up under, this subfloor fits right up with the trim board with no room, it is obviously is just a little thicker than what is in the house. So our options appear to be to either leave it as is and use quarter round along the baseboard to secure the edge of the pergo, or we are going to have to go back with the smaller and I'm afraid it may be way too short compared to the adjacent subflooring. Wtf?

Sent from my iPhone