On the OM603 and earlier engines, I think Bosch are the best choice, that's
what I just put in my '87 wagon.  Beru is preferred for the OM606 engines
because they seem to be made of sturdier stuff (they publish a maximum
torque that can be applied when removing the plugs, haven't found that for
Bosch) and they were OE.

Oh yeah, Marshall said we had to use Bosch, you don't want to go down that
path....

Max
Charleston SC