I think I have a moderate chance of success.  I’ll drain the cooling system a
little so I don’t have to worry about coolant leaking out while I do the job,
and I’ll be using a 3M silicone hose product, so no cheap materials in play.

I’ll check to see if the MB hose is NLA or not as a last resort.  Too bad the
same hose isn’t used on the 300SEL, as I would just rob it off of that car and
put the patched one on the 300SEL.

-D