It will not weld successfully,  Cast aluminum is very porous. The cracked
area will have "sucked in" oil vapors and absorbed it like a sponge. To
weld aluminum successfully, it must be contamination free, and clean and
bright. Aluminum when clean will oxidize almost instantly. Oxidation is a
weld contaminant in welding aluminum.

Also, to get good adheasion with JB Weld, the crack needs to be free of oil
residue left from vaporous pass through. Thus, my assessment would be, take
it back to PnP, point to the crack, and say, "I want another one, this one
is cracked and can't be fixed properly."

Finding one not cracked vs spending money and time trying to fix the
cracked one, would be my choice option.

Virus-free.
<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>