I feel that anything made past 1999 is not reliable after a decade.  The price
to keep it on the road begins to far exceed the value of the vehicle.  These
are what should be reasonable part replacements, not break the bank stuff.
Finding the parts at PnP, they are in about the same worn condition the old
part is.  Failing circuitry, prematurely aged plastic, bad solder, chinese
capacitors, frail stuff all around.  Stout Teutonic engineering is out the
window.

clay