Didn't MB admit reduced quality in the early 2000s and vow to make it better? I
seem to remember this back around 2008ish...
-Curt

      From: clay via Mercedes <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
 To: Mercedes Discussion List <mercedes@okiebenz.com>
Cc: clay <redgh...@comcast.net>
 Sent: Friday, March 31, 2017 3:23 PM
 Subject: Re: [MBZ] I despise the W220

The w220 verifies my thoughts that the cars built by DBAG since 1995 are
polished turds and no longer worthy of ownership.  The PnP yards are beginning
to get increasing numbers of “newer” models.  The build quality rivals early
korean cars.  Used to see kia and hyundaiaia ia that were made of thin, low
grade plastic that would shatter on removal.  Now the Benz is using this
chinese crap, and koreans have thicker, stronger, better plastic parts.

Leather is much thinner and wears very quickly compared to the older cars.
Even the w140 had pretty thick leather that was able to survive decades of
flatulence.  Not the new stuff.  Wallets are made of stouter stuff.

Even the wiring is falling prey to accountants.  I think the new stuff is maybe
22 or lighter gauge, where the stuff in a W126 was closer to 12 or 14.

clay