Picked up the new transmission vacuum modulator from the dealer at lunch.

Got home, got the car in the air and got the old modulator out without a lot of
work.  It was the original modulator from the looks of it, as it had the old
style rubber cap which was eliminated in 1991. The cap had some cracks in it,
so that was probably the leak.

Got the new modulator in without a lot of effort. Connected up a pressure gauge
to check working pressure on the modulator (58 psi). Had to adjust a couple of
times to get it dialed in, after which I installed the "T" and the locking cap.

Took it for a test drive and it shifted well.  Now I just need to drive it some
more to determine if that was the (last) vacuum leak...

-D

Sent from my iPad