There is a frame that holds the boot to the fuel distributor.  Be very careful,
there is ONE short screw, and if you put a long one in that hole you can crush
the transducer for the meter plate position sensor.

Replace the idle valve hoses at the same time, the one between the valve and
intake is almost impossible to replace if the fuel distributor is installed.

When you re-install the fuel distributor with the new boot in place, get the
back (engine) side of the boot on first, it's probably impossible to get
anything back there to roll the lip over the throttle body.  You can reach the
outer side with some contortions.

Peter