I came home last night and a VERY LARGE limb on one of my hedge trees had
broken off.  Hedge (or Osage Orange) is so hard I have never seen large limbs
break off from storms.  It wasn't storming yesterday anyway.  I got to looking
at it and I think lightning may have struck the tree.  Some of the limbs look
blackened.   I don't really have a question, just thought it was interesting.
Now I have get the chain saws out this weekend and cut it up.  The small limbs
are great for the fire pit and the big logs burn hot and long in the fireplace.
 Of course, I am not going to need any firewood for months, but I can add it to
the pile.

Don Snook