Sounds like a sure recipe for disaster. Or at least it would be if I was to do the welding. That's why I was wondering about the swap idea. I've never even seen a 603/Nippondenso mount. I have seen pictures of an aluminum mount that was on some MB that someone had put on a 617 that looked like it would work. I don't remember if it was for a Nippondenso or a Sanden though. Unfortunately I can't find the info right now. I'll try and find it again when I have the time. If I recall that idea either never got done or did and I never saw the results.

Mitch Haley via Mercedes wrote:
Hmmm, cast aluminum 603/Nippondenso mount, plus cast aluminum 617/R4 mount (do
they make this in aluminum?) plus band saw, plus MIG welder...

Mitch