1.  Dome light works with switch and passenger door but not with driver
door.
B. The warning buzzer for the key in or lights left on does not work.
3. I do get a buzzer when I turn on the key - 10 seconds or so
How does one go about fixing circuit(s) in a 1981 300SD.

Check the door switch certainly, as it's easy to do.  But it sounds
like the warning module is broken.  The driver's door light switch
doesn't work in the 240D, but the switch is OK.  I'll be chasing
that one myself at some point.  (Not 'til the wheel bearings and
brakes are sorted out though.)

-- Jim