I cleaned and traded switches to avail. I have two switches in the drivers door. One was broken off and unplugged. I replaced I get it get a constant buzz, which is probably why it was busted off. Is the warning module located next to Cruise Control Amplifier in the driver footwell?
Mike
----- Original Message ----- From: "Marshall Booth" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Mercedes Discussion List" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 12:45 PM
Subject: Re: [MBZ] Dome light circuit 1981300SD

Jim Cathey wrote:
1.  Dome light works with switch and passenger door but not with driver
door.
B. The warning buzzer for the key in or lights left on does not work.
3. I do get a buzzer when I turn on the key - 10 seconds or so
How does one go about fixing circuit(s) in a 1981 300SD.

Check the door switch certainly, as it's easy to do.  But it sounds
like the warning module is broken.  The driver's door light switch
doesn't work in the 240D, but the switch is OK.  I'll be chasing
that one myself at some point.  (Not 'til the wheel bearings and
brakes are sorted out though.)

What Jim said, but it can be as simple as the warning module being
unplugged (was in at least one of my 190Ds)!

Marshall
'87 300TD 182Kmi, '84 190D 2.2 229Kmi, '85 190D 2.0 161Kmi, '87 190D 2.5
turbo 237kmi