Paternal grandfather owned taverns and bowling alleys all his life in the St.
Louis area, and as a result was beholden to the August Busch family.  Busch
Bavarian and Lowenbrau were the swills of choice around my house growing up. I
would point out that we were allowed to drink beer as early as 10-12 years old.
Wasn't a big deal around my house.

Maternal grandmother, who lived well into her 90s, drank a can of Old Milwaukee
and ate a bowl of Frost Loops cereal (dry) every night before retiring.  I used
to make beer runs for her when I was driving age.

-D