Nothing that approaches the level of the S430.

I ran the DAS on it yesterday, as I had it out from clearing faults on the
SL500 from a couple of failing O2 sensors I replaced. The W210 is the
generation of system before the W220, so it still uses the HHT (hand held
tester) emulator for diagnostics in the DAS system.  Electronics, for sure, but
much simpler and still a fair amount of analog systems that are now just smart
enough to be able to talk over the CAN bus.

While there were a number of faults recorded in the systems, nearly every one
was a low or over voltage event, which is almost always due to a battery
replacement.  I cleared all the faults after I looked at them and will recheck
it next weekend to see if there is anything new.

In talking to a number of W210 owners whose experience and knowledge I trust,
the one thing that came across was how rugged and trouble free the W210 models
are for the most part. While they did have rust issues, their reliability
seemed to be quite high, and they don't seem to be plagued with any major
systems Achilles heels like the W140, for example.

While I still like my W126 diesel, this is a nice car that seems honest and
reliable and is economical to maintain and operate.

-D