<snip>
i was looking at a 97 or 98 740 il
( black naturally )
i have no intention of giving up my beloved sec
my question is ... do they hold up like mercedes 126 cars ( does anything?)

<snip>

any suggestions
thanks
collins
phila pa 1985 500 sec

Yeah, don't do it. I had an older five series that was an absolute money pit. I have heard nothing but horror stories about the newer Bimmers, esp. the 7 series. Resale is absolute crap on them for a reason. When I first drove my 123 coupe, the behind the wheel similarities were scary. However, the Benz is a MUCH better car. If you have to have an up-scale luxury ride, buy a MB W140.
My 2ยข
Rick Knoble
'85 300 CD
'87 190 DT